The Bioinformatics Unit (BU) within the Structural Biology Programme of the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) is seeking to recruit for a bioinformatics position.
The work carried out by the candidate will be part of the GENCODE annotation of the human and mouse genomes. Their main task will be the further development of the APPRIS and FireDB/firestar databases and web services, the generation of proteomics and transcriptomics pipelines and the analysis of data for research purposes. The candidate will work within a research environment that includes computing servers and related applications for scientific purposes.
- Bachelor degree in informatics or Master degree in bioinformstics or similar.
- At least 2 years of experience in the Bioinformatics field.
- Expertise in developing bioinformatics tools for analysing widely used genomic databases and software is preferred.
- Experience in team coordination and ability to perform collaborative research in a highly multi-disciplinary environment (molecular biologists, medical doctors, computer scientists, and technical staff) is also important.
- Strong programming skills, especially in Perl/Python.
- English and spanish.
- The opportunity to be part of one of the few European Cancer Research Centres of excellence.
- An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Contract linked to a project.
Those interested should send their CV to email@example.com specifying the reference:TSBIOINF13 in the subject of the email