Bioinformatic Position at the Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB) at the IMIM (Ref. 2208 - PERERA)
The IMIM is looking for a Bioinformatician at the Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB). The GRIB mission is to develop and apply computational methods and information technologies for a better understanding and prediction of biological phenomena, giving especial emphasis to those related to the human diseases, their prevention, diagnosis and pharmacological treatment.
IMIM is located at the Biomedical Research Park of Barcelona (PRBB), being part of a fantastic scientific community, offering a highly innovative and enriching training environment for basic and translational research.
The successful candidate will join the GRIB in the context of the European consortium ”Toward PRecisiOn Medicine for the Prediction of Treatment response in major depressive disorder through stratification of combined clinical and -omics signatures (PROMPT)” funded by the ERA PerMed JTC2020 program.
The candidate will bear responsibility of the following tasks:
• Analyze omics datasets (eg. RNA-Seq, smallRNA-Seq, WES, genomic arrays)
• Develop, implement and maintain bioinformatics pipelines.
• Implement methods for the integration of multiomics datasets
• Participate and perform the activities, tasks, and reports within the framework of the PROMPT project
Candidates must have:
• A BSc in Biology, Computer Science, Statistics or similar.
• A MSc in Bioinformatics, Data Science or related fields.
• Experience in bioinformatics and programming
• Work comfortably in Linux Systems
• High level of at least one scripting language (R, Python,...)
• High level of English
We will value:
• Experience in NGS data analysis
• Previous experience in neuropsychiatric research
• Experience in advanced statistics and machine learning
• Experience in Nextflow workflow management system
• Experience in the development, generation and use of software containers, e.g. Docker, Singularity
• Experience in collaborative software development using Git.
Starting date is ideally in July/September 2022, but negotiable and flexible to candidate's convenience.
PROMPT fosters a diverse, inclusive and equal-opportunity environment, and sets out the criteria and procedures for Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment of staff, which as a top priority of the European Research Area (ERA), is one of the pillars of the European Charter for Researchers and in particular of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
Required information and contact:
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com (Ref: PROMPT)
Deadline: submit your application by June 30th 2022.
Original source: http://grib.imim.es/job-opportunities/view.php?ID=186