The group of Advanced Therapies and Biomarkers in Sarcomas (ATBSarc), led by the principal investigator Dr. Javier Martín Broto (MD, PhD), at the INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGACIÓN SANITARIA DE LA FUNDACIÓN JIMÉNEZ DÍAZ (IIS-FJD; Madrid, Spain), is searching for a post-doctoral researcher with experience and formation in bioinformatics and next-generation sequencing. The researcher will be incorporated for a 2-year contract in the Accelerator award project entitled ‘’Improving neoadjuvant therapy in high‐risk sarcomas’’, funded by the Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer (AECC) and Cancer Research UK (CRUK).
This Accelerator Network focus on generating a series of innovative tools and resources to drive the development of precision medicine
approaches for neoadjuvant therapy in high‐risk sarcoma patients. The OMICs-based translational (Work package 4 and 5) and preclinical outputs from this Award will inform the design of new clinical trials, enable the discovery of prognostic and predictive biomarkers for stratified medicine, and identify novel treatments to tackle drug resistance and disease relapse. The project goes in line with ATBSarc research areas and some of the recent publications of the group.(1-5)
Besides the Accelerator tasks, ATBSarc is developing its own transcriptomic analysis in different sarcoma subtypes that will be also the
focus and priority of our group.
This position will be developed in the Villalba General Hospital. Within the sarcoma lab recently opened.
- Martin-Broto J, Cruz J, Penel N, Le Cesne A, Hindi N, Luna P, et al. Pazopanib for treatment of typical solitary fibrous tumours: a multicentre, single-arm, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2020;21(3):456-66.
- Martin-Broto J, Hindi N, Lopez-Pousa A, Peinado-Serrano J, Alvarez R, Alvarez-Gonzalez A, et al. Assessment of Safety and Efficacy of Combined Trabectedin and Low-Dose Radiotherapy for Patients With Metastatic Soft-Tissue Sarcomas: A Nonrandomized Phase Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2020;6(4):535-41.
- Martin-Broto J, Stacchiotti S, Lopez-Pousa A, Redondo A, Bernabeu D, de Alava E, et al. Pazopanib for treatment of advanced malignant and dedifferentiated solitary fibrous tumour: a multicentre, single-arm, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2019;20(1):134-44.
- Martin-Broto J, Hindi N, Grignani G, Martinez-Trufero J, Redondo A, Valverde C, et al. Nivolumab and sunitinib combination in advanced soft tissue sarcomas: a multicenter, single-arm, phase Ib/II trial. J Immunother Cancer. 2020;8(2).
- Moura DS, Peña-Chilet M, Cordero Varela JA, Alvarez-Alegret R, Agra-Pujol C, Izquierdo F, et al. A DNA damage repair gene-associated signature predicts responses of patients with advanced soft-tissue sarcoma to treatment with trabectedin. Molecular oncology. 2021.
- Three year minimum abroad post-doctoral experience
- Peer review publications in cancer genomics
- Clinical trial monitoring academic degree
- Scrum Manager certification
- Programing languages (Perl, Python, R, SQL) and containers (Docker)
- International scientific projects experience
- Bioinformatics data analysis experience
- Artificial Intelligence experience (Tensorflow, Keras)
- OMICs data experience (WES, WGS, RNA-Seq, assembly)
- Ability to supervise MSc and PhD students
- Fluent English
- Spanish (not mandatory)
- Salary: 30.000€ gross per year (negotiable).
- The IIS-FJD offers its employees different platforms and research support services, as well as spaces to promote the development of their activities, in a professional diverse and inclusive environment.
- The IIS-FJD has implemented initiatives and tools aimed at promoting and developing its professionals, regardless of their age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- The IIS-FJD has measures aimed at reconciling and professional life, and the possibility of a flexible work schedule.
All candidates to apply for the position must attach an updated CV to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference: ‘’post-doc position at ATBSarc group’’.
The selection process will have the following phases:
- Selection of admitted, according to compliance with minimum requirements.
- Evaluation of admitted candidates, according to specific requirements valued by a Selection Commission, chaired by the scientific manager of the project/group.
- The candidates with the best evaluation of merit may be interviewed.
- Candidate Selection.
Application Deadline: 25/03/2022
Application Email: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com