The Bioinformatics Unit within the Structural Biology programme of the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and talented bioinformatician. The selected candidate will work in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of biological/clinical data, with a focus on high-throughput sequencing data. He or She will design data analysis strategies and develop and use computational tools for the exploration of large cancer data sets.
- MSc level in Bioinformatics.
- Practical experience in developing bioinformatics tools for analyzing cancer genomics data.
- Strong background and experience with GNU/Linux cluster environments and using scripting and programming languages such as Java, Python or Shell script as well as proficiency with bioinformatics toolkits such as Bioconductor (within the R statistical programming environment).
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English required.
- Ability to perform collaborative research in a highly multi-disciplinary environment (molecular biologists, medical doctors, computer scientists, and technical staff).
The CNIO Offers
- The opportunity to be part of one of the few European Cancer Research Centres of excellence.
- An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Contract linked to a project.
Applicants should send their applications by e-mail to email@example.com, clearly quoting the Reference: TSBIOINF21 in the subject line of the e-mail. Applications and resumes without a reference will not be considered.
Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) data protection policy
Basic information about data protection
Pursuant to the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 regarding the protection of personal data (GDPR), any personal data you provide us with through this employment offer will be duly recorded and incorporated into the data processing systems managed by the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre Foundation (F.S.P CNIO) in order to register and manage your participation in the corresponding selection process. Furthermore, your personal information will not be passed onto anyone else except when required by law, and it will also not be used for any other purpose than the one indicated here. You may exercise your rights regarding access, rectification, suppression, limitation of processing, portability and opposition by writing to the following address: c/Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 (Madrid), addressing your correspondence to the Delegado de Protección de Datos, or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require further information about the processing of your personal data, go to the following link on our webpage: https://www.cnio.es/politica-de-privacidad-y-proteccion-de-datos/
Original source: https://www.cnio.es/empleo/advanced-degree-for-the-bioinformatics-unit-tsbioinf21