The Fundación Pública Andaluza Progreso y Salud is an organization which belongs to the Andalusian Regional Ministry of Health and (Spain). It is the central entity that supports and manages the research activity within the Public Health System in Andalusia. The “Fundación Pública Andaluza Progreso y Salud” offers, for its Bioinformatics Research Area, the following position:
Bioinformatician Ref.: 1940
The main objective of the Bioinformatics Research Area of the Fundación Pública Andaluza Progreso y Salud is to support the implementation of personalized medicine, establishing lines of work and research between the field of genomics and bioinformatics, in which both Units of Clinical management of the primary care setting such as hospital care and will enable the analysis of genomic data, both in the context of diagnosis and in translational clinical research. Thanks to this Area, it will be possible to carry out research and innovation projects in the field of applications of genomics to clinical practice and it will favour the generation of new translational computational developments,which could have an implementation in the health system.
Within the Bioinformatics Research Area a series of activities will be carried out within the project “Connect and align ELIXIR Nodes to deliver sustainable FAIR life-science data management services (ELIXIR-CONVERGE)”, led by Dr. Joaquín Dopazo Blázquez financed through the funds of the European Commission in the framework of the Horizon 2020 Program, being its main objective of connecting and aligning ELIXIR Nodes across Europe to deliver sustainable FAIR life-science data management services.
Within the above-mentioned project and exclusively during its execution period, the candidate will be in charge of the whole process from the collection of SARS-CoV-2 genome sequences to their submission to the ENA database, as part of the tasks of WP9.
- Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Biology.
- Master in the area of biotechnology or bioinformatics.
- At least one year of experience in research in the field of biotechnology or bioinformatics.
- Have all the required documentation to be employed in Spain.
- To provide the documentation that proves compliance with the previously indicated requirements (academic and training qualifications, working life or equivalent to those candidates that do not Spanish Nationality and DNI / NIE).
- Experience in the management of genomic data, specifically in pathogen genomes
- Knowledge in the Linux system
- Knowledge in programming languages (R, Phyton or PERL)
We are looking for someone displaying the following characteristics:
- Highly proactive.
- Planification skills.
- Aptitude for teamwork.
The process will consist of the analysis and curricular evaluation of all the applications received, classifying them based on the best adaptation of the application to the established profile, in accordance with the provisions of the CV and the alleged merits.
It will be an essential requirement to apply for the position to have duly accredited, by providing the necessary supporting documentation (CV, academic degrees, training, certificates, working life, DNI / NIE ...) compliance with the minimum requirements established in this call.
The experience requested in the minimum and / or assessable requirements must be that which can be accredited by virtue of an employment relationship for someone else, or for the development of a professional activity on their own account (individual or self-employed entrepreneur).
The persons responsible for making the selection will analyze the initially selected candidates that a priori comply, under HR opinion, the minimum requirements and could be considered suitable, will evaluate the degree of compliance with the assessable requirements and will carry out different personal interviews with those who, having accredited the fulfilling these minimum requirements, better fit profile of the offered position. Additionally, they will be able to decide if some type of complementary test is carried out to determine which candidates best adapt to the profile of the job offered.
Those applications that due to their current or previous contractual relationship with the Foundation cannot formalize a new temporary contract with the Foundation will be excluded from the selection process, in order to avoid any type of irregularity in the temporary employment contract in the framework of this call.
The person selected must join the job position offered within 15 calendar days, counted from the day following the communication made to that effect from the Human Resources department. This period may be modified depending on the planning and organizational needs of the Foundation.
In the event that the selected person is in possession of a foreign university degree that has not been issued within the framework of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), they will have to prove prior to the formalization of the contract that they have initiated the Procedures for the homologation or validation of your degree in Spain. For this purpose, the employment contract will establish a resolution clause by virtue of which the contract would be terminated in the event that the homologation or validation of the title is not obtained.
- Temporary type contract, according to Applicable labor law (Ley 14/2011, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación)
- 35 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
- Salary: 25,000 euros gross/year, including the maximum performance related bonus (23.000euros fixed salary + 2.000 euros bonus).
- Duration: 18 months
- Location: Seville
This contract will be fulled funded by H2020 Programme of the European Union, in particular through the granted project entitled “Connect and align ELIXIR Nodes to deliver sustainable FAIR life-science data management services (ELIXIR-CONVERGE)”, Grant Agreement number: 871075.
How to apply
Applications will be submitted electronically through the computer application enabled for this on the website of the Andalusian Public Progress and Health Foundation: Bioinformático/a Ref.: 1940 http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/fundacionprogresoysalud/es/la-fundacion/trabaja-con-nosotros
Interested persons must attach a single file in which they must provide the following information:
- CV in which the minimum requirements demanded in the call are indicated, among others. The applicant is responsible for the veracity of the data contained therein.
- Documentation accrediting the academic and / or training qualifications required by the minimum requirements.
- Working life report.
- DNI or NIE.
The deadline for submitting applications will be open 10 business days from the date of publication on the Foundation's website.
Once the deadline for submitting applications has ended, the Foundation may request clarification on the documents provided to the people who have submitted their candidacy, within the deadlines established for this. If the required documentation / clarification is not presented in a timely manner or if falsehood is proven, the person will be excluded from the selection process, without prejudice to the responsibility they may have incurred.
In compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation and Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, Protection of Personal Data and guarantee of digital rights, we inform you of the following:
- Personal data that you provide will be used for the purpose of the selection process and, where appropriate, to perform human resource activities and related of persons who join the Foundation as employees.
- The responsible for processing personal data is the Fundación Pública Andaluza Progreso y Salud, whose address is Avd. Americo Vespucio, 15, S-2 building. 41092 Seville.
- Your data will be stored during the time the contractual relationship is maintained or during the years necessary to comply with the legal obligations stipulated. Likewise, they will not be assigned to a third party, unless it is provided in a legal obligation.
- The legal basis of this treatment is based on the consent given to us by completing and sending the registration form and, in any case, in your contractual relationship with the Foundation, without it which we could not fulfill the purposes described.
- You can contact the Delegate of Data Protection at the electronic address: email@example.com.
- You can revoke your consent or exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, portability of your data, and the limitation or opposition to your treatment, by requesting it in writing, with a copy of the ID card, to the Fundación Pública Andaluza Progreso y Salud in Avd. Américo Vespucio 15, building S-2. 41092 Seville; or by email to lopd.fps@juntadeandalucia.