The Bioinformatics Unit (BU) within the Structural Biology Programme of the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) is seeking to recruit a bioinformatics developer position to develop Bioinformatics Unit software.
The work carried out by the candidate will be part of the GENCODE annotation of the human and mouse genomes. Their main task will be the further development of the APPRIS database and web services. The candidate will work within a research environment that includes computing servers and related applications for scientific purposes.
- Computer Science or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in the Bioinformatics field.
- Experience with GNU/Linux cluster environments.
- Practical experience with virtualization using Virtualbox, Docker, etc.
- Practical experience with MySQL and Postgres databases.
- Experience in version control repositories, especially in Git.
- Expertise in developing bioinformatics tools for analysing widely used genomic databases and software.
- Background in bioinformatics, molecular biology and genomics is helpful.
- Experience in team coordination and ability to perform collaborative research in a highly multi-disciplinary environment (molecular biologists, medical doctors, computer scientists, and technical staff).
- Strong programming skills, especially in Perl.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English required.
- The opportunity to be part of one of the few European Cancer Research Centres of excellence.
- An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Contract linked to a project.
Those interested should send their CV indicating the Reference: TSBIOINF12 in the subject of the mail to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise the application will not be taken into account.