The work carried out by the candidate will be part of the GENCODE annotation of the human and mouse genomes. Their main task will be the further development of the APPRIS and FireDB/firestar databases and web services, the generation of proteomics and transcriptomics pipelines and the analysis of data for research purposes. The candidate will work within a research environment that includes computing servers and related applications for scientific purposes.
- We are looking a computer scientist/bioinformatician with at least 2 years of experience in the Bioinformatics field. Strong programming skills, especially in Perl/Python are preferred. Proficiency in both written and spoken English required.
Experience in the following fields is also useful:
- Experience with GNU/Linux cluster environments.
- Practical experience with virtualization using Virtualbox, Docker, etc.
- Practical experience with MySQL and Postgres databases.
- Experience in version control repositories, especially in Git.
- Expertise in developing bioinformatics tools for analysing widely used genomic databases and software.
- Background in bioinformatics, molecular biology and genomics.
- Experience in team coordination and ability to perform collaborative research in a highly multi-disciplinary environment (molecular biologists, medical doctors, computer scientists, and technical staff).
- The opportunity to be part of one of the few European Cancer Research Centres of excellence.
- An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Contract linked to a project.
Those interested should send their CV to Michael Tress email@example.com
*Those likely to be put off by Spanish public sector salaries should not apply.