The Spanish National Cancer Research Center (CNIO) is looking for a a researcher in the bioinformatics field for the Biobank, to support the work within the European project, REACT, assisting with single cell RNA-sequencing analysis, tool implementation and development.
The REACT project aims to assess genotypic, immunophenotypic, demographic and clinical data to define and further investigate which mechanisms and variants may affect in the course and development of lower respiratory viral diseases, focusing on predominant viruses, specifically severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and influenza virus. This will be done by analysing patient and virus characteristics, patient-pathogen interactions, and by immunological characterization, creating ethnically diverse retrospective and prospective cohorts.
- Bioinformatics/Biology/Computational science or immunology PhD with demonstrated bioinformatics and single-cell focus.
- Analysis of single cell RNA-transcriptomic sequencing is required with additional experience in single cell T and B cells VDJ sequencing/clonality and Ab-seq as a strong benefit.
- Experience or demonstrate knowledge of immunology, especially involving work on T or B cell clonality or receptor sequencing.
- The candidate must demonstrate a post-doctoral experience of at least 4 years and the capacity of multi-omics data analysis (Genomics, epigenomics and transcriptomics) both at bulk and single cell resolution.
- Demonstration of tool development in R or Python is a strong benefit.
- Programming skills. Data science.
- Expertise in R with focus on single-cell bioinformatics and other general analytic and graphical tools.
- Experience with Python and Unix is a benefit.
- The work will be developed in an international consortium, so fluency in English with excellent communication and writing skills is required.
- Good organizational and learning skills and versatility on the subject of the project. Strong cross-disciplinary experience and communication.
- Availability to travel is required, as several stays in the University of Lund (Sweden) and the Technical University of Denmark would be required along the project development. Expertise in implementation of single cell transcriptomic tools is critical along with expertise in R Demonstrated ability to develop tools (even simple ones) with the R language is an important secondary. Additional experience in single cell sequencing analysis (VDJ, Ab-seq, etc.) is a strong benefit. Immunological knowledge is also a benefit, but secondary to the specific bioinformatics skill set.
The CNIO Offers
- The opportunity to be part of an internationally renowned research Centre.
- An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment that combines basic and translational research in oncology.
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Contract linked to a project.
Applicants should send their applications by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly quoting the Reference: RSBIOBAN in the subject line of the e-mail. Applications and resumes without a reference will not be considered.
Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) data protection policy
Basic information about data protection
Pursuant to the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 regarding the protection of personal data (GDPR), any personal data you provide us with through this employment offer will be duly recorded and incorporated into the data processing systems managed by the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre Foundation (F.S.P CNIO) in order to register and manage your participation in the corresponding selection process. Furthermore, your personal information will not be passed onto anyone else except when required by law, and it will also not be used for any other purpose than the one indicated here. You may exercise your rights regarding access, rectification, suppression, limitation of processing, portability and opposition by writing to the following address: c/Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 (Madrid), addressing your correspondence to the Delegado de Protección de Datos, or by emailing: email@example.com
If you require further information about the processing of your personal data, go to the following link on our webpage: https://www.cnio.es/politica-de-privacidad-y-proteccion-de-datos/