Postdoctoral Bioinformatics at GRR-VHIR
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to work in the multi-omic analysis of autoimmunity. The successful applicant will work in collaboration with a spin-off company from the GRR, IMIDomics, focused on bringing precision health to autoimmune diseases (AD). IMIDomics is a leading company in the generation and analysis of high-quality molecular data from patients with AD. The approach is highly multi-omic combining data from multiple levels including genetic, epigenetic, transcriptomic, proteomic and single cell sequencing levels. The applicant will be responsible for the analysis of a nation-wide longitudinal cohort of patients affected from skin autoimmunity. The postdoc will work in close collaboration both with expert genomic scientists as well as medical researchers. We provide a highly stimulating environment with the use of state-of-the art technologies and unique career development.
- QC and curation of molecular and clinical phenotype data.
- Development of a processing and analysis pipeline for multi-level biological data (i.e. RNA-seq, GWAS, epigenomics, single cell RNA-seq).
- Statistical association analysis and model construction.
- Identification of new drug targets.
- Generation of results reports.
Desired skills and expertise
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology or closely related areas.
- Experience in analysis of next-generation sequencing data sets. Experience on single-cell RNA-seq data would be a good asset.
- Excellent programming skills. Fluency in R.
Applications including all relevant credentials should be sent to: GRR-VHIR Human Resources e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
Gross annual salary: range 36,000-42,000 €, commensurate to the candidate’s expertise and qualifications.