Bioinformatics Scientist, multi-omics of Immune-Mediated Inflammatory Diseases, IMIDomics, Spain
IMIDomics, Inc seeks to fill one full-time position:
Postdoctoral Bioinformatics at IMIDomics
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to work in the multi-omic analysis of Immune-Mediated Inflammatory Diseases (IMIDs). The successful applicant will work in IMIDomics (www.imidomics.com), a rapidly growing spin-off from the Vall d’Hebron Research Institute, that is focused on bringing the power of precision medicine to IMID patients. A fundamental strategy at IMIDomics is to integrate high-quality molecular data from large cohorts of well-characterized patients. The approach is therefore highly multi-omic, combining data from multiple levels including genetic, epigenetic, transcriptomic, metagenomic, proteomic and single-cell sequencing levels. The applicant will be responsible for the analysis of different types of sequencing data generated from these patients. The postdoc will work in a team of bioinformaticians and expert genomic scientists as well as medical researchers. We provide a highly stimulating environment with the use of state-of-the art technologies and unique career development.
- Development of QC, processing and analysis pipelines for multi-level biological data (i.e. RNA-Seq, GWAS, epigenomics, metagenomics, single cell RNA-Seq)
- Statistical association analysis and model construction
- Generation of results reports
Desired skills and expertise
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology or closely related areas
- Experience in analysis of next-generation sequencing data sets. Experience on single-cell RNA-seq data would be a valued asset
- Good communication skills
- Excellent programming skills. Fluency in R.
Applications including all relevant credentials should be sent to: e-mail: email@example.com
Type: Full time position
Starting date: Immediate
Salary: 45,000€ or higher, commensurate to the candidate’s expertise and qualifications.
Original source: http://www.imidomics.com/careers.html