The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage: http://www.food.imdea.org
The contract is funded by the Community of Madrid through the grant Ref. Y2020/BIO6350, acronym "NUTRISION-CM", in the framework of the 2020 Call for applications for the implementation of synergistic R&D projects in new and emerging scientific areas at the frontier of science and of an interdisciplinary nature (Order 93/2020, of 2 July, of the Regional Minister of Education and Research).
The funding available for this contract is linked to a single research project; the performance of scientific-technical activities linked to the line of research carried out by the research group requires its development in the form of the following research project: NUTRISION-CM - Y2020/BIO6350: "Precision nutritional strategies to reactivate the immune system impaired as a consequence of age, obesity or chemotherapy" funded by the Community of Madrid in the framework of the 2020 Call for grants for the implementation of synergistic R&D projects in new and emerging scientific areas at the frontier of science and of an interdisciplinary nature (2020), for the period 2021-2024. The research group associated with the job vacancy is the Molecular Oncology Group led by Cristina Maria Fernández Díaz.
MAIN FUNCTIONS TO BE CARRIED OUT
The scientific-technical activities to be developed by the biostatistician researcher for the research line are encompassed within the activities to be carried out for the "NUTRISION-CM" project, until the end of the project (30/06/2024):
- Bioinformatics and biostatistical analysis of data in omics technologies, health status and precision nutrition, including participation in discussions on study design and scientific publications.
- Application of algorithms, databases and information systems, web technologies, soft computing, data mining and statistics for the project.
- Performing statistical analyses, interpreting statistical results and preparing reports including integrated summaries for reports, manuscripts and proposal preparation.
- Development of molecular databases, including data filtering and normalisation.
- Development of multimodal models for the combination of information sources from different origins (genetics, feeding surveys, biochemical parameters and others).
- Level of education. Bachelor/Graduate Degree in Biomedical Sciences or Experimental Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medicine, Mathematics, Statistics.) and Postgraduate/Master Degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology or related.
- Field of research: Biostatistics
Other training to be valued (other degrees, other knowledge):
- Additional training in genomics, microbiology, nutrition, molecular biology or biochemistry would be an asset.
- A doctoral degree in a field related to statistics would be an asset.
Other entry requirements:
- Minimum English level B2 or equivalent.
Additional professional experience to be assessed:
- Previous professional activity in similar positions.
- Demonstrated experience in multiple areas of bioinformatics and statistics.
- Experience in the use of software tools and technologies commonly used in the field (Java, XML, Perl, C, Python, R, SQL, CUDA, MATLAB, SAS®).
- Additionally, STATA, R and Python programming. SQL databases. Linux. HTML.
Other merits to be valued:
- Authorship of prestigious scientific publications (indexed in international databases).
- Authorship of communications to scientific congresses.
- Participation in research projects.
- Knowledge/experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Competences and skills (to be assessed in the interview):
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to integrate in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work as part of a team with the ability to build personal relationships.
- High oral and written communication skills.
APPLICATION & SELECTION CRITERIA
Documents that are required:
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles
- Academic Certificate of Notes
Application deadline: Nov 29th, 2023
After the deadline for submission of applications, and once compliance with the requirements listed in the second base have been verified, the Selection Committee will proceed to assess the documented merits included in the curricula vitae and to select the candidatures that best suit the established requirements; then a second selection phase will then be opened, consisting of a personal interview.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
- Additional training to assess: 0-30*
- Additional experience & expertise: 0-30*
- Other merits : 0-10*
- Interview: 0-30*
- Type of contract: employment contract for scientific-technical activities (art. 23 bis Science Law) with a probationary period established by law.
- Dedication: 37.5 h/week in split shifts, from Monday to Friday.
- Gross annual salary: according to the candidate's merits and abilities.
- Duration: indeterminate.
- Incorporation: immediate.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.
Original source: https://jobs.food.imdea.org/en/offer/69