Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
The Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Unit is a vibrant group of highly skilled and experienced scientists who collaborate with the IRB Barcelona’s community in the design, analysis and interpretation of experiments, either in vivo, in vitro or in silico. The unit is committed to providing a competitive advantage by developing tailored solutions and conducting methodological research. To do so, we engage in bioinformatics and statistical consulting from experimental design to publication, resulting in close collaborations with experimentalists at every stage of the way. We have an outstanding record of publications in high impact journals and offer a unique environment for practising the most exciting science.
The Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Manager is seeking a Senior Research Officer to participate in data analysis and methodology development for very diverse data types and research projects.
- Provide support in biological data analysis: process and analyze data from diverse platforms such as microarrays, next generation sequencing, single cell sequencing, clinical databases, proteomics, etc.
- Develop tailored solutions and cutting-edge methodology for the analysis of data in collaboration with experimental researchers.
- Provide access, manage information and analyze data from public databases such as dbSNP, 1000 genomes, GWAS, GEO, TCGA
- Provide statistical consulting to the IRB’s community
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: Programing experience in R for applied statistical analyses, shown record of analysis of biological data.
- Education: A PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or a related discipline, or a Master’s degree with equivalent working experience in analysis of biological data.
- Skills: Good communication skills and ability to learn new biological concepts, proactive in methodological development.
- Experience: Statistical consulting experience in biomedical environments, use of Python for statistical analyses.
- Skills: Good mentoring skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Permanent Contract. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Hybrid on-site and remote working regime.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 15/01/2023 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Application website: https://recruitment.irbbarcelona.org/jobs/2192723-research-officer-ref-cf-22-06
- Selection process:
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter and three references (to be contacted if necessary).
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
For more information, please visit the website: www.irbbarcelona.org
Please check our Recruitment Policy.
Original source: https://recruitment.irbbarcelona.org/jobs/2192723-research-officer-ref-cf-22-06