IMIBIC CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: Bioinformatician AES2019
CONTRATOS DE TÉCNICOS BIOINFORMÁTICOS DE APOYO A LA INVESTIGACIÓN EN LOS IIS. AES 2019. For information about the competitive call AES2019 please read the call documentation (Subsección 6ª.Contratos de técnicos bioinformáticos de apoyo a la investigación en los IIS.): https://tinyurl.com/y7b5z4os
Responsible Investigator: Sebastián Ventura Soto
Summary of the Project / Research area
The selected candidate will work to optimize the use of the available technological resources and computational infrastructure pertaining to the Bioinformatics Unit and IMIBIC and offer bioinformatics services to the IMIBIC research community.
The main objective of IMIBIC’s Bioinformatics Unit is to support the institute’s personalized medicine program by establishing lines of work and research in the area of omics and bioinformatics together with the IMIBIC research community and by supporting its translational clinical research activities. The Bioinformatics Unit plays an important role in enabling innovation and research projects that bring applied omics research to clinical practice and favors the generation and development of new translational approaches that may be implemented in the public health system.
- Gross salary: 26.866 € Gross/year
- Type of the contract: Temporal
- Form of employment: Full time
- Duration of the contract: 24 months
Degree in Bioinformatics, or Degree in Life Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering or similar field and Master/PhD in bioinformatics, biostatistics, life sciences or related field.
- Degree in Life Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering or similar field, AND
- PhD or Master in bioinformatics, biostatistics, life sciences or related field.
a) Experience in: (0.05 points for each month of experience, up to a maximum of 2.5 points):
- Statistical computing R.
- Other statistics/mathematical tools: SPSS, Matlab, Mathematica, etc.
- Programming languages Python and/or PERL.
- Java and C/C++
- Data bases SQL and NOSQL.
- Analysis of genomic, proteomic and metabolomic data.
- Implementation of workflows, pipelines, data analysis and process priorization.
- Analysis of gene expression, NGS, RNA Seq data.
b) Education/Training relevant to the offered position (up to a maximum of 2.5 points):
- PhD: 1 point.
- Master’s degree: 0.5 points for each degree.
- Specialization: 0.01 points for each hour of demonstrable training.
c) Scientific publications - JCR, (up to a maximum of 1 point):
- First decile or first quartile and as first, corresponding or last author: 0.2 points for each publication.
- First decile or first quartile and not as first, corresponding or last author: 0.1 points for each publication.
- Publications in other than first quartile journals, and as first, corresponding or last author: 0.08 points for each publication.
- Publications in other than first quartile journals, and not as first, corresponding or last author: 0.05 points for each publication.
d) Participation in research projects: (up to a maximum of 1 point):
- Project’s principal investigator: 0.5 points for each project
- Project team member: 0.25 points for each project.
The selection process consists of evaluation, ranking of all CVs received and personal interviews.
Following the evaluation of the merits of all applicants based on their CVs, the highest ranked applicants may be called for a personal interview in order to evaluate more precisely their communication skills and capabilities.
The highest ranked candidate will be selected to apply as IMIBIC’s candidate for the competitive call of the Acción Estratégica en Salud 2019 (Subsección 6ª. Contratos de técnicos bioinformáticos de apoyo a la investigación en los IIS): https://tinyurl.com/y7b5z4os
How to apply
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com. It is obligatory to indicate the reference of the offer (BioAES2019) in the subject field of the email. Applications failing to do so will not be evaluated.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Documentation accrediting the fulfilment of the minimum requirements
In order to properly assess the experience, it is necessary to indicate in the CV the duration in months of the experience.
Deadline for applications: 21st of February 2019