The Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) are looking for 6 outstanding postdoctoral researchers within the STARS COFUND call of the Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions within the Horizon 2020 Programme. STARS programme aims at fostering the training of highly skilled post-doc in all fields of High Performance Computing and related applications.
This call will award up to 6 outstanding post-doctorate researchers of all nationalities with 24-month INCOMING fellowships, providing them with all necessary tools for developing their potentials, deepening their skills and knowledge in a stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment, and offering them intersectorial short secondments (1-3 months) with private industry or non-academic research centres (such as Lenovo, CISCO, AstraZeneca, IBERDROLA, EU JRC, AEMET, IRB Barcelona and CRG in order to boost their career perspectives as successful independent researchers. Short secondments periods under the premises of these partner institutions will take place within the STARS programme. Fellows will also be strongly encouraged to participate at least once a year in an international event in their domain of research.
Deadline 14th July, 2020. If you are interested to know more please visit the website: https://www.bsc.es/join-us/excellence-career-opportunities/stars.
STARS Programme key facts
- Coordinator of the action: Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
- Areas of research: HPC and related applications, specifically in Earth Science and Meteorology, in Life Sciences, Genomics and Personalised Medicine and in Computational Engineering and Physics and Computational Social Sciences.
- Candidates: postdoctoral researchers with international mobility (see "how to apply" for elegibility rules)
- Offer: 24-months incoming fellowships.
- Salary range: Annual living and mobility allowances (35.000€ gross salary) + Annual Family allowance Researchers (1.500€ gross salary)
- Additional support: Annual budget for Travel and Research & Training activities (5.400€)