IKERBASQUE RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP CALL 2022
IKERBASQUE RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP IN BIOINFORMATICS (5-year fellowship)
Inflammation & Biomarkers Group at Health Institute Biocruces Bizkaia is looking for a candidate to join the group as Ikerbasque Research Fellow. The five year Fellowships are directed at outstanding young researchers and intend to offer a track towards an independent research position. Fellows in their 5th year can be assessed to be promoted to a permanent position.
Candidates should have a PhD with knowledge in bioinformatics, computational biology or related area and up to 10 years of postdoctoral experience. They must demonstrate scientific excellence with a strong publication record and international research experience, as well as
significant leadership potential.
Candidate is required to have:
- (i) excellent knowledge in statistics and be competent in R, Perl, Java and Python programming,
- (ii) experience analyzing, interpreting, and integrating large-scale datasets (e.g. RNAseq, scRNAseq, microarray, transcriptomic, proteomic and/or other),
- (iii) strong knowledge of statistical methods used in omics analysis,
- (iv) experience in biological pathways, data visualization, network and systems biology (GSEA, GeneGO, CBDD, Cytoscape, Reactome),
- (v) knowledge in genomics and biological interpretation.
Biology/molecular biology or genetics related wet-lab work is not required but is a plus.
The candidate will process and analyze various types of omics data generated at Inflammation & Biomarkers group from RNAseq, scRNAseq, proteomic analysis and microarray analysis in the area of multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, COVID-19 and/or other inflammatory disorders. The candidate will also perform data analysis from genomic data repositories and perform customized analyses for specific research projects.
Candidates interested in getting the support of the Inflammation & Biomarkers group (Biocruces Bizkaia Institute) should send their CVs and a motivation letter before 15th February by sending an email to email@example.com. If your application is selected by the Inflammation & Biomarkers group, you will be required later to fill in the online application form of the Ikerbasque call.