The Rheumatology Research Group (Vall Hebron Research Institute - VHIR) led by Antonio Julià coordinates the data collection and analysis of a nation-wide cohort of patients (>15,000 cases) of patients affected from autoimmune diseases. The clinical and epidemiological data from these patients is combined with large datasets generated from high-throughput multi-omic approaches.
We are seeking for an IT expert (computer scientist, informatics/telecommunications engineer or similar) to develop and manage several large biomedical databases generated by the group. The database manager will work in collaboration with computer scientists, bioinformaticians, clinicians and experimental researchers. Our lab is located in the Barcelona Scientific Parc (PCB). We provide a highly stimulating environment with the use of state-of-the art technologies and unique career development.
Desired skills and expertise
- University degree in relevant engineering (computer science, informatics, telecommunications, or similar).
- Experience in database design and management (SQL, NoSQL).
- Good writing and speaking levels in English.
- Experience in HPC and cloud environments (AWS, GCP).
- Experience in big data management & analysis, and Machine Learning approaches is valued.
- Previous experience with life science data is not essential but will also be valued.
Applications including all relevant credentials should be sent to: GRR-VHIR Human Resources -mail: email@example.com The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
Contract: 2 years, gross annual salary in the range 37,000-44,000 €, commensurate to the candidate’s expertise and qualifications.