IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the role
The successful candidate will join the IDIBELL Bioinformatics Unit, bearing responsibility of the following tasks:
- Design and development of the IDIBELL Data Archive
- Provide support to the data governance ensuring the compliance and security of the data
- Assist in the implementation of bioinformatic and web tools for the Unit
- Support in the design, development and maintenance of databases and software tools required by the scientific community of the IDIBELL
- Drafting of technical documentation
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in development, administration and maintenance of relational databases
- Experience in implementing and applying best practices for securing sensitive data
- Experience in full-stack software development
Education and training
- Degree in Information Technologies, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or related fields
- Proven experience with SQL-based systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle RDBMS, etc.)
- Applicant must work comfortably in Unix/Linux Systems
- Ability to communicate in non-technical terms to non-technical people
- Motivated, enthusiastic, customer-oriented and highly collaborative person
- Have an interest in biomedical research and in computational methods to answer biological questions linked to clinical questions
- Good command of the English language
We will value
- Knowledge of high-throughput data analysis
- Further education in Data Governance and Stewardship
- Knowledge of non-relational systems for dealing with Big Data and Unstructured Data
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Concepts
- No. of positions: 1
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Contract duration: Temporary linked to Contratos Personal Técnico de Apoyo (PTA) – MICINN 2020 grant
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. José Luis Mosquera
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the IDIBELL Jobs website: http://idibell.cat/ca/institut/uneix-te-a-idibell/ofertes-de-feina. Reference: 001_SS_JLM
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 29 January 2021.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Carter and Code).