The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.
Context And Mission
- Software maintenance, optimization and new developments.
- Computer engineering or related field.
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Large experience in C++ and python.
- Additional Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Knowledge on molecular modeling will be a plus.
- Team work and initiative.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- The position will be located at BSC within the Life Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Temporary
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: 01/01/2019
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references - COMPULSORY - Applications without this document will not be considered
- A full CV including contact details