The IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) is a food science research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org.
Within this context, the IMDEA Food Foundation launches this Call for the recruitment of one Bioinformatician positions who want to develop their research at IMDEA Food in Food and Health Area, covering the following positions:
1. Eligibility criteria
Candidates must fulfill at the moment of applying the requirements, qualifications and experience according to Annex 1.
- Strong background in bioinformatics, molecular biology and genomics.
- Practical experience in high-throughput data analysis in computational genomics (ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, Whole and exome sequencing , other omics techniques) and familiarity with widely used genomic databases and software.
- Familiarity with GNU/Linux cluster environments and experience using scripting and programming languages such as Java, Perl, Python or Shell script as well as proficiency with bioinformatics toolkits such as Bioconductor (within the R statistical programming environment).
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English required.
- Ability to perform collaborative research in a highly multi-disciplinary environment (molecular biologists, medical doctors, computer scientists, and technical staff).
- Highly independent, motivated, and collaborative person
- Good organizational and communication skills
PhD level in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or Life Sciences with a strong computational background.
2. Position Description
- Ref. PD2018/019. PhD Bioinformatician for the Computational Biology Group for the “Applying human epi-genome inter-variability for effective personalized nutrition strategies (EPIFOOD).” project according to Annex 1.
PhD Bioinformatician for the Computational Biology Group, in the field of “Applying human epi-genome inter-variability for effective personalized nutrition strategies (EPIFOOD)”
The Computational Biology Group at IMDEA Food Institute within the Precision Nutrition and Cancer Program is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and talented bioinformatician.
The selected candidate will work on the collection, analysis of biological/clinical data, with a focus on high-throughput sequencing data. He or She will design data analysis strategies and develop and use computational tools for the exploration of large data sets.
- Collection, analysis and interpretation of biological/clinical data, with a focus on high-throughput sequencing data.
- Develop and use computational tools for the exploration of large data sets.
- Design new data analysis strategies to integrate genomic data and extract useful information mainly focused on the research lines of the Institute.
Principal Investigator: Enrique Carrillo de Santa Pau, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Selected candidate will be given a temporary full-time contract according to standard regulations in Spain, after obtaining the mandatory authorizations.
The incorporation of the candidate to the IMDEA Food Institute is expected to be immediately after the selection process.
4. Evaluation and selection of candidates
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
Interested candidates should submit their applications before 15 natural days (before 17:00 p.m. local time) counted from the day after the publication of this resolution on the website of the Foundation (Publication date: 17/10/2018).
They must send by e-mail to email@example.com, with the Reference of the position, the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (including a cover letter)
- The Request Form (excel format) available at the Institute's website: https://www.food.imdea.org/file/1115 https://www.food.imdea.org/careers/postdoctoral-researchers
Please be aware of the following: Only applications sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and with all requested documentation will be taken into account in the process. Otherwise, the candidatures will not be able of being evaluated and will be rejected.
You will not be able to submit an application after the deadline.
The results of the selection process will be published in the IMDEA Food Institute’s web page https://www.food.imdea.org/careers/postdoctoral-researchers and the selected candidate will be notified by e-mail.
The selected candidate will receive a contractual offer and - if he/she agrees with it - must accept it within five (5) days after notification.
6. Data Protection Policy
Pursuant to the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), we inform you that the personal data contained in the CV you sent us will be recorded in a file for which the IMDEA FOOD FOUNDATION with registered office at Ctra. de Cantoblanco, no 8 28049 Madrid (Spain),with the sole purpose of rights of access, rectification, cancellation and objection to their personal data by contacting the IMDEA FOOD FOUNDATION at the above address or by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com.