IRB Barcelona is a self-standing, non-profit institution devoted to basic and applied biomedical research. It was set up in 2005 jointly by the Government of Catalonia and the University of Barcelona and is located at the Barcelona Science Park. The institute currently has more than 430 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world, who work across disciplines to advance research in the biomedical sciences.
IRB Barcelona seeks to recruit a Postdoctoral Researcher to join the Biomedical Genomics lab of Dr. Núria López-Bigas at the IRB Barcelona.
We are searching for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to work on projects analysing cancer genomes with the aim of understanding mutational processes and their implication in tumorigenesis.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in bioinformatics analysis of genomics data, including mutations, RNA levels, genomic elements, etc. They will have coding experience with Python and/or R, and knowledge in data analysis. She/he should have strong analytical skills, in addition to creativity, curiosity, enthusiasm, and ability to work in a team. The candidate will participate and perform the activities, tasks, and reports within the framework of the NONCODRIVERS project funded by European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's H2020 research and innovation programme (GA - 682398).
The BBGLab is a strong interdisciplinary and international research team with unique expertise in the analysis of tumor genomics data. More information in http://bbglab.irbbarcelona.org
The successful candidate will
- Participate in cancer genomics research projects in the group
- Co-supervise bioinformatics PhD or Master students together with the PI
- Write manuscripts together with other researchers and the PI
Must Have – Required
- PhD in Biomedicine, Biology, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics, Medicine or equivalent.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative research team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in international teams.
- Experience in cancer genomics.
- Experience in genomics data analysis and databases.
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of an established research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
How to apply
Applications for the above opening should include CV, a letter of interest and references, and should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Reference: PD/20/10
Deadline for applications: 17/06/2020 When the applicants do not fit the requirements, the deadline will be able to be extended.
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter and experience.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.