Call for Postdoctoral Position at IMDEA-Food Institute (Ref. PD2019/011)
The IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived -structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
Within this context, the IMDEA Food Foundation launches this Call for the recruitment of a research technician who wants to develop their research career at IMDEA Food in Food and Health Area, covering the following position:
The Computational Biology Group within the IMDEA-Food Institute is seeking for a highly motivated Postdoctoral scientist with demonstrated excellence expertise in Text Mining and Natural Language Processing. The candidate will be involved in the European project “Food Nutrition Security Cloud (FNS-Cloud)”, a large European consortium with 36 partners. The candidate will work in the tasks leaded by the group to create a classification system for food-drug interactions using data aggregation and text mining techniques. In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop her/his own research lines in text mining and food field.
The Computational Biology Group is a multidisciplinary community of bioinformaticians, biostatisticians, molecular biologists and microbiologists focused on the study of nutritional behaviours on health and complex diseases, such as the complexity in the relationships between food, genes and disease to establish precision personalized nutrition strategies based on individual molecular background. The group leader provides focused and tailored mentoring to ensure that group members reach the desired career goals. You can find more information about the group at the 2018 annual report: https://t.co/lmBgHTUU32?amp=1
- PhD in bioinformatics, computer sciences, engineering or equivalent with at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Significant experience & expertise related to Text Mining and Natural Language Processing
- Experience with structured and unstructured data
- Experience with NLP frameworks and tools
- Experience with NoSQL database
- Demonstrated experience with UNIX environments.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and integration of software tools.
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the following languages: Java, Perl, Python or other
- Demonstrable use of source code repositories (e.g. Github).
- Experience with Web Services
- She/he must be author of at least 2 publications in top journals, at least 1 of them as first author in the Text Mining and Natural Language Processing field.
- At least one reference letters from prior laboratory group leaders or people relevant in her/his career are also requested.
The successful candidate needs to show:
- An excellent oral presentation & writing (in English) skills,
- Ability to perform collaborative research in a highly multi-disciplinary environment
- Highly independent, motivated, and collaborative person
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Significant research initiative.
Crta. de Canto Blanco nº8, CP- 28049 Madrid
Annual Gross Salary:
23.000 € – 30.000 € Depending on the candidate experience, capacity to leadher/his own research lines and competitive for grants.
This position is for 3 years, renewed every year depending on productivity and adaptation to the IMDEA-Food instituteDedication: full time (37,5 hours per week).
PD2019/011_ Postdoctoral Position in Computational Biology
Interested candidates should submit their applications before Friday, November 8th at 17:00 p.m. (local time). No applications after that date will be accepted.
Candidates must send by e-mail their Curriculum Vitae, preferably in Europass model, and cover letter before the deadline to the following address: email@example.com wtih the email Subject: Reference PD2019/011
At any time during the selection process, candidates may be requested to present the documentation justifying the requirements and merits alleged in the curriculum.