The Computational Oncology Group (PI Geoff Macintyre) at the Spanish National Cancer Centre (CNIO) is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to develop computational approaches to help guide the chemoprevention of cancer.
In the Macintyre Lab we are using single cell DNA sequencing and computational approaches to identify different types of chromosomal instability and match them with targeted therapies. We are applying this technology at the earliest stages of tumour development in patients so that we can prevent the development of aggressive, difficult to treat cancers.
In this position you will develop computational approaches to predict drug response and risk of disease progression from complex genomics data. You will work closely with genomics lab members, assisting with sequencing technology development, as well as clinical collaborators across Spain and the UK, to ensure your research can directly benefit patients.
The Macintyre Lab strives to provide a supportive, flexible and fun working environment, free from bias and inequality, to promote the next generation of scientists. We welcome members from all backgrounds who are passionate about research and are interested in translating their work for patient benefit. Come join us!
- A PhD degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics or statistics.
- Previous experience working with DNA sequencing data is a plus.
- Coding experience (preferably in R). Experience with high performance and/or cloud computing. Manuscript writing.
- Advanced level of English (spoken and written).
The CNIO Offers
- Incorporation into a Cancer Research Centre of excellence of international relevance.
- Competitive salary.
- Social benefits.
- Contract linked to a project.
Applicants should send their applications by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly quoting the Reference: AIPOSCO in the subject line of the e-mail. Applications and resumes without a reference will not be considered.
Original source 1: http://macintyrelab.org/open-positions