The Genomics Medicine Group is looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher. The candidate will join the Cancer Predisposition and Biomarkers group led by Dr Ceres Fernandez-Rozadilla (https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7330-4804).
- The characterisation of the genetic susceptibility factors to gastrointestinal cancers using omic data
- Single-cell omic profiling
- Omics in liquid biopsy for the development of novel cancer biomarkers
- Toxicity pharmacogenomics in cancer
- The group is currently funded by the ISCIII, Horizon Europe MSCA Actions, CRIS contra el cancer and Fundación Olga Torres.
- Doctorate in bioinformatics
- Experience in genomics and/or transcriptomic analyses
- Coding Bioconductor (R), bash, python
- English fluency
- Previous experience on the cancer field
- Experience on GWAS data analysis, PRS, fine-mapping
- Experience on omic data analysis
- We would like to recruit a capable researcher that can lead bioinformatic projects on the topics presented in the group description (see Fernández-Rozadilla et al. Nat Genet 2022 and other publications in the link for a reference).
- A nurturing work environment in a translational and multidisciplinary group
- Participation in funded projects
- Training in bioinformatics, specifically oriented to NGS data analysis and interpretation of its biological basis
- Interaction with national and international reference research groups on genomics, with the possibility to undertake research stays
- Transversal training for multi-dimensional skill development towards the excellence training guidelines provided by Horizon Europe
Interested candidates may send a narrative CV and a motivation and reference letters to: email@example.com