Context And Mission
The candidate will lead the analysis of a unique dataset of thousands of human transcriptomes in collaboration with researchers at the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT. To this end, he/she will develop new tools to analyze expression and splicing variation across human tissues and develop statistical methods to find complex patterns across interrelated samples. Finally, the successful candidate will develop and analyze high throughput functional assays to address the question of how genetic variation alters gene expression and ultimately leads to disease.
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) is a leading supercomputing center located in Barcelona (Spain). BSC houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is part of the PRACE Research Infrastructure, a pan-European Research Infrastructure for High Performance Computing (HPC) The mission of BSC is to research, develop, and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. The BSC provides an international research environment, access to sophisticated high-performance computing, and extensive training opportunities for researchers at all stages of their career development.
- Conduct cutting-edge research
- Publish results in high-profile scientific journals and disseminate them at international conferences
- Collaborate with various international research groups
- PhD in Transcriptomics, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related fields
- Strong publication record
- Strong programming skills including proficiency in programming with bash, python, R, perl, or similar, and/or experience working in HPC clusters
- Some experience with Next Generation Sequencing data analysis
- Capacity to work as a team in a highly collaborative and diverse environment
- Capacity to contribute to research projects with novel research ideas and analysis
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- The position will be located at BSC within the Life Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Temporary - 1 year renewable
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: as soon as possible
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references. Applications without this document will not be considered
- A full CV including contact details
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.