A pre-doctoral research position is available at the Research Institute Hospital 12 de Octubre i+12 for Gastrointestinal and Neuroendocrine Tumors Group, Madrid, leaded by Rocio García-Carbonero (MD, PhD).
Our main research lines are based on: i) identification of new drugs and/or therapeutic strategies in colorectal cancer and ii) molecular characterization of gastrointestinal and neuroendocrine tumors that justifies their behavior and response to the different therapeutic strategies proposed. Thus, the specific objectives of our group are: I) identification of prognostic and/or predictive biomarkers to antineoplastic therapies; ii) study of drug resistance mechanisms; iii) identification of new targets of potential diagnostic and/or therapeutic interest; and iv) clinical research of novel drugs or therapeutic strategies in gastrointestinal and neuroendocrine tumors (clinical trials phase I-III).
- Candidates must have a bachelor of Life Sciences field (Biology, Biomedicine Biochemistry, Biotechnology...)
- The average of the academic record in Bachelor degree must be upper 8.5
- High level of written and oral English
- Competences and skills: communication, teamwork and collaboration, work capacity, commitment, high motivation, proactivity, integrity, critical and analytical thinking
- Master in Bioinformatics / Omic data Science will be valued, as well as previous experience in R programming.
Terms of employment
- The contract offered is for one year and can be extended for a further one until competitive financing is found.
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com (PREDOCTORAL CANDIDATE) and include the following items:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information of 2-3 references