The Bioinformatics Unit (BU) within the Structural Biology Programme of the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and talented student to conduct a PhD study as part of the GENCODE project to annotate the human and mouse genomes we constantly deal with new large-scale genome wide data sets that require analysis. The Unit needs a student to help in the handling of these large-scale data set.
- Official Master in Bioinformatics/Computational, BiologyGenomics/Computing or related disciplines.
- Experience processing and analysing large-scale data sets.
- Experience with biological computation and in particular proteomics, transcriptomics and genome annotations is a plus.
- Experience in machine learning would also be advantageous.
- Programming in Python and the use of Unix/Linux environment and knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of HPC and machine learning tools is desirable.
- Working language is English and Spanish.
The CNIO Offers
- The opportunity to be part of one of the few European Cancer Research Centres of excellence.
- An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Contract linked to a project.
Applicants should send their applications by e-mail to email@example.com, clearly quoting the Reference: AIPREBIOINF13 in the subject line of the e-mail. Applications and resumes without a reference will not be considered.
Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) data protection policy
Basic information about data protection
Pursuant to the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 regarding the protection of personal data (GDPR), any personal data you provide us with through this employment offer will be duly recorded and incorporated into the data processing systems managed by the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre Foundation (F.S.P CNIO) in order to register and manage your participation in the corresponding selection process. Furthermore, your personal information will not be passed onto anyone else except when required by law, and it will also not be used for any other purpose than the one indicated here. You may exercise your rights regarding access, rectification, suppression, limitation of processing, portability and opposition by writing to the following address: c/Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 (Madrid), addressing your correspondence to the Delegado de Protección de Datos, or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require further information about the processing of your personal data, go to the following link on our webpage: https://www.cnio.es/politica-de-privacidad-y-proteccion-de-datos/