Python Developer - Bioinformatics department
Exciting opportunity with Igenomix - Pioneers in advanced reproductive genetic testing.
At IGENOMIX we provide advanced services in reproductive genetics. Our broad experience and qualifications make us the global leader in this field. The constant efforts we make in R&D, enable us to create and develop specific tools to support professionals in the reproductive medicine area.
Igenomix is part of Vitrolife Group, Vitrolife is an international medical device and genetic services Group. Vitrolife develops, produces and markets products for reproductive health together with services that provide personalised genetic information to improve clinical practices in infertility, women’s health and rare diseases. Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, the Group currently employs approximately 1,200 people worldwide. Its products, services and solutions are available in more than 110 markets through a network of subsidiaries and distributors. The Group has wide-ranging experience in the fertility field with an advanced research capacity. The Vitrolife share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.
We are offering one outstanding candidate the opportunity to be a Python Developer, with practical experience on the Django web framework, building and testing restful APIs in our headquarters, based in Paterna, Valencia (Spain)
- Design, development and testing of new product features.
- Participating in code reviews, discussions on system architecture, writing critical tests, optimising performance.
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization with a focus on problem solving.
- Improve the scalability and security of our Python components.
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and technical partners.
What will you need as a successful Python Developer?
- Solid experience working with Python and popular frameworks like Django/Flask.
- REST-based APIs, good understanding of HTTP, TLS/SSL and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies (Docker, Singularity, Kubernetes).
- Command line and standard *nix tools. Shell scripting.
- Committed to high engineering standards
- Proficient English communication skills.
- Git, GitHub and Gitflow.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (MongoDB).
- Test automation and scripting experience.
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Experience in Python Testing Frameworks (Unittest, PyTest, Robot, or similar).
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and/or Azure.
- Experience in standard Web Components, NodeJS.
- Some knowledge of Bioinformatics or willingness to take a deep dive into the specific domain.
- Experience working with JSON Web Tokens or Single Sign-on.
We offer an attractive compensation package at a very dynamic and innovative company; as well as a unique career opportunity with potential for growth within our organization.
Original source: https://igenomix.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=598