The IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally -with the aim of bringing research into society. IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage.
In this context, the “FSN-CLOUD” project is developed at IMDEA Food Institute within Computational Biology Group, which requires scientific staff with expertise in bioinformatics. For this purpose and in order to respect the criteria of Open, Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment of Researchers (OTM-R), it HAS RESOLVED to announce the launch of the present Call for proposal for a Bioinformatician researcher position.
The Computational Biology Group within the IMDEA-Food Institute is seeking for a highly motivated profile with expertise in bioinformatics. The candidate will work in the “FSN-CLOUD” project developed in IMDEA Food Institute within Computational Biology Group. The candidate will work in the tasks leaded by the group maintaining and expanding FooDrugs database and the webtool based on transcriptomic and text resources from public repositories. The candidate will work in the testing and evaluation of the tool by users with support from other FNS-Cloud partners implementing new services and modifications to the tool. In addition, the candidate will participate in deliverables writing manuscripts and scientific reports.
Ref. AIB2022-003. Research Assistant in Bioinformatics for “Food Nutrition Security Cloud (FNS- Cloud)”.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Enrique Carrillo de Santa Pau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Type of contract: Temporary full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: Full time with morning and afternoon work from Monday to Friday.
Duration: his position is for 1 year
Annual gross salary: 25.000 euro
The incorporation of the candidate to the IMDEA Food Institute is expected to be immediately after the selection process.
The Computational Biology Group within the IMDEA-Food Institute is seeking for a highly motivated profile with expertise in bioinformatics. The candidate will be involved in the European project “Food Nutrition Security Cloud (FNS-Cloud)”, a large European consortium with 36 partners. The candidate will work in the tasks leaded by the group maintaining and expanding FooDrugs database and the webtool based on transcriptomic and text resources from public repositories. The candidate will work in the testing and evaluation of the tool by users with support from other FNS-Cloud partners implementing new services and modifications to the tool. In addition, the candidate will participate in deliverables writing manuscripts and scientific reports.
The Computational Biology Group is a multidisciplinary community of bioinformaticians, biostatisticians, molecular biologists and microbiologists focused on the study of nutritional behaviours on health and complex diseases, such as the complexity in the relationships between food, genes and disease to establish precision personalized nutrition strategies based on individual molecular background. The group leader provides focused and tailored mentoring to ensure that group members reach the desired career goals. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in an international environment.
- Degree/Graduated Biology, Biochemistry, Computer Sciences, Physics, Food Sciences and Technology or related fields
- Master’s in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Data Sciences, Statistics or other related with data sciences will be mandatory.
Other Education to evaluate:
- A PhD is not mandatory but it will be highly valuated during the selection process.
Experience & expertise required:
- Demonstrated experience with UNIX environments
- Strong programming skills with python, and R
- Experience with structured and unstructured data
- Experience with MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience in code repositories (e.g. Github).
Other merits to evaluate:
- Professional experience of more than one year in research centers or companies will be positively evaluated
- Participation and work in international environments
Skills (to evaluate in the interview):
- An excellent oral presentation & writing (in English) skills,
- Ability to perform collaborative research in a highly multi-disciplinary environment
- Highly independent, motivated, and collaborative person
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Significant research initiative.
Full job offer and application in the attached document and in the website: https://jobs.food.imdea.org/en/offer/19
Original source: https://jobs.food.imdea.org/en/offer/19