IRB Barcelona is seeking a Research Officer for the Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Unit to participate in data analysis and methodology development for very diverse data types and research projects.
The Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Unit collaborates with the IRB Barcelona’s community in the design and analysis of their experiments, either in vivo, in vitro or in silico. The unit is committed to providing a competitive advantage by developing tailored solutions and conducting methodological research. To do so, we engage in bioinformatics and statistical consulting from experimental design to publication, resulting in close collaborations with experimentalists in every stage of the way. We have an outstanding record of publications in high impact journals and offer a unique environment for practicing the most exciting science.
- Provide support in biological data analysis: process and analyse data from diverse platforms such as microarrays, next generation sequencing, single cell sequencing, clinical databases, proteomics, etc.
- Develop tailored solutions and cutting-edge methodology for the analysis of data in collaboration with experimental researchers
- Provide access, manage information and analyse data from public databases such as dbSNP, 1000 genomes, GWAS, GEO, TCGA.
- Provide statistical consulting to the IRB’s community.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
- Required: A master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or a related discipline
- Desirable: A PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or a related discipline or equivalent working experience in analysis of biological data
- Required: Programing experience in R for applied statistical analyses
- Desirable: Shown record of analysis of biological data
- Required: Comfortable use of English in the professional setting
- Desirable: Excellent use of written English
- Required: Good communication skills and ability to learn new biological concepts
- Desirable: Proactive in methodological development
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of an established Core Facility Unit.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 28/02/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Selection process:
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
- Apply here for this job
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'