Scientific/technical position at the Integrative Bioinformatics Group, at the Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB)
The Integrative Bioinformatics Group (IBI) is looking for a student with the capacity to offer technical support for the tools generated in the group. The group is part of the Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB), a joint research programme of the Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM) and the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, located at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB) in Barcelona (Spain).
The successful candidate will be involved in expanding the functionalities of the platform DisGeNET (disgenet.org) in the context of IMPaCT-Genómica project funded by the Instituto de Salud Carlos III. He/she will help to develop visualisation tools for the DisGeNET platform. The candidate will interact with the Spanish clinical genomics community and will participate in networking, communication and training activities.
- The DisGeNET knowledge platform for disease genomics: 2019 update. Janet Piñero, Juan Manuel Ramírez-Anguita, Josep Saüch-Pitarch, Francesco Ronzano, Emilio Centeno, Ferran Sanz, Laura I Furlong. Nucleic Acids Research, Volume 48, 2020
- The DisGeNET cytoscape app: Exploring and visualizing disease genomics data. Janet Piñero, Josep Saüch-Pitarch, Ferran Sanz, Laura I Furlong. Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal, Volume 19, 2021
Required Studies: Degree in one of the following areas: mathematics, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, informatics, human biology, biomedical engineering.
Location: The laboratory is located in the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB) next to the sea.
The PRBB is more than just a research institution, it is a unique creative space that connects science and diversity. By becoming a member of its research community, the candidate will have access to conferences, networking opportunities, training events, and beach volleyball
Project and Institution that finance the contract:
- The work is supported by ISCIII-IMPaCT Data-IMP/00019 [FEDER] SANZ,FERRAN
- Official number reference: PRESP06421 - ISCIII-IMPaCT Data-IMP/00019 [FEDER] SANZ,FERRAN
Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must have experience with the development of web applications and web services.
- He/She should have knowledge of databases (MySQL, MongoDB) and familiarity with Linux, bash, and version control systems (e.g. git).
- Fluent spoken and written English is required.
Benefits of the opening: We offer a full time contract, gross salary 22.000€/year
Information on the application process: Send CV and letter of interest, to email@example.com (ref. Impact)
Deadline to submit applications: Until filled, immediate incorporation.
Original source: http://grib.imim.es/job-opportunities/view.php?ID=181