MedBioinformatics Solutions SL has its foundations in the ten years of work of researchers from the Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB) from the Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM) and the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF).
Our company has extensive experience in developing solutions in the area of knowledge management, text mining and systems medicine to support applications in precision medicine and drug R&D.
- Location: Barcelona
- Schedule: full-time
- Duration: to be determined
- Salary: Competitive - depending on experience and profile
MBIS is expanding its research & development team to incorporate a scientist in the area of network biology approaches for human health. In particular, she/he will be in charge of the development and implementation of network science approaches to be applied to a range of applications in the areas of chemical risk assessment, drug toxicology and disease genomics. The scientist will be part of an interdisciplinary team and will actively participate in European research consortia.
MBIS offices are located in the Barcelona Activa start-up incubator Almogàvers, in the @22district of Barcelona, with easy access by public transportation.
Required qualifications and skills
- Doctoral degree in bioinformatics, informatics, or related area
- Experience in network science applied to biology
- Strong programming skills in Python, R or Java
- Good English communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills applied to real world analytical problems and ability to communicate outcomes of analyses in clear and precise manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
Desirable qualifications and skills
- Experience in the analysis of protein interaction data and functional networks
- Experience in the analysis of functional genomics data (gnomAD, GTEX, ENCODE, among others)
- Experience in toxicogenomics data analysis
- Experience in omics data analysis, including metabolomics or single-cell transcriptomics
- Knowledge of both classical and deep Machine Learning techniques
- Experience in working with source code repositories (e.g. Github, BitBucket, etc.)
In addition, the candidate is expected to be:
- Comfortable at working in a high paced start-up environment, where a pragmatic, resourceful, well organized and effective approach is required with limited resources
- A hands-on, decisive approach and a proven ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent communication skills in English
To apply: Please send a CV, letter of interest and the contact information for 2-3 referees by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Original source: https://www.medbioinformatics.com/careers