The Biocomputing Unit (BCU), CNB-CSIC, Madrid, is looking for a software engineer with a BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or equivalent, who has experience on system management at HPC scale and/or software development skills. The candidate will be part of a team in charge of managing the computing infrastructure of the group, assisting in the deployment and configuration of scientific software and participating on European and National projects related to cloud and open data technologies.
INSTRUCT ERIC is the European Strategic Initiative in the area of Structural Biology. It is organized as a distributed infrastructure with “Instruct Centers” and the BCU hosts the "INSTRUCT Image Processing Center (I2PC)".
BCU is well known in the area of 3D-EM, with over 200 publications in the area and large contributions to open source scientific software, like Scipion, Xmipp and 3DBionotes.
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
- Programming experience with python (C/C++ is a plus)
- Experience in Linux and HPC environments
- Interest and/or experience in computer Hardware
- Medium level of proficiency in written and spoken English
The following skills are considered a “plus”, but are not essential:
- Experience in assisting open source software development teams (GitHub, documentation, user support, collaboration tools...).
- Automation skills (bash, python…)
- Experience in Virtualization: Docker, Virtualbox
- Experience with Graphical Processing units (GPU)
- Experience in Cloud (Amazon AWS)
Interested candidates should send their CV's and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org