The European Galaxy Team is hiring!
We have a wide variety of active projects and are searching for a software engineer (100%), system analysts/administrators (100%), data analyst (100%), and a community and/or research manager (100%).
Current areas of expertise include:
- Distributed computing and systems programming. We are engaged in the development of workflow systems, cloud computing based solutions, and other projects involving high performance and data intensive computing.
- Web-based visualization and visual analytics. We are building web interfaces for visual analysis of large data sets that leverage cutting edge web technologies.
- Informatics and big data analysis and integration. We build and use tools to analyze large datasets generated by high-throughput DNA sequencing to understand genomes and genome function.
- Bioinformatics application areas such as transcriptomics, epigenetics, metagenomics and genome annotation.
- Machine learning and cheminformatics. We want to make machine learning and cheminformatics more accessible and reproducible.
- Linux containers technologies and software management with conda. We are heavily involved in Bioconda, conda-forge and BioContainers to build the new scientific stack for reproducible research.
- Train the next generation of data scientists. We aim to democratize bioinformatics infrastructure and knowledge. We are passionate about training and education across the world.
- Building the European Life-Science Infrastructure. The European Galaxy project is part of de.NBI, ELIXIR and EOSC to build a sustainable and transparent research platform.
If you are interested to work with us, send us an email and help us to make science more accessible, reproducible, and transparent.
Read more at https://galaxyproject.eu/posts/2019/01/10/openpositions/ and join our team in Freiburg (Germany).