Within the Systems Unit, will provide support to the management of the IDIBELL informatics structure, bearing responsibility for:
- Ensure the operational stability, security and efficiency of the centre infrastructure.
- Ensure the security of data: privacy, access and confidentiality.
- Configuration, installation, update and solving issues of servers related with IT services.
- Cluster of server management (Vmware).
- Disk cabins management (NetAPP).
- Kaspersky system antivirus management.
- Palo Alto firewall management.
- Management and administration of the different storage systems as well as the current backup system (Commvault).
- Inventory management of both computer and derived resources.
- Users registration, management and creation.
Within the Bioinformatics Unit, bearing responsibility for:
- Support the administration of Linux/Unix systems
- Ensure the operational stability, security, and efficiency of the infrastructure
- Management of the HPC cluster
- CI and infrastructure monitoring
- Maintenance and improvement of deployment pipelines
- Version control maintenance functions with GIT
- Creation and maintenance of (non-)relational databases
- Support on web applications maintenance
- Prepare and review analytical procedures documentation
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or similar is imperative.
- Professional working proficiency English and Spanish is a must.
- Experience in Linux/Unix System administration at advanced level.
- Experience with batch job schedulers and monitoring (e.g. slurm, Sun Grid Engine, Ganglia, …).
- Experience with containerization and virtualization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, …).
- Experience with cloud environments (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure…).
- Experience with versioning (e.g. git, GitLab, Bazaar, …).
- Experience in development, administration and maintenance of databases (SQL, NoSQL, data warehouse).
- It is mandatory to provide proof of at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a research/university/hospital environment.
We will value
- Advanced knowledge in the current systems of the centre (Vmware, Netapp, Commvault, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Palo Alto).
- Intermediate level of programming (PHP)
- ITIL certification
- Basic knowledge on omics data
- Contract type: work and service
- Workday: full time
- Working time: Monday to Friday
- Professional Category: Systems Manager
- Retribution (gross annual salary): to negotiate according to the value of the preselected person and according to the IDIBELL’s salary scales.
- Preferred incorporation date: immediate
- Location: IDIBELL, l’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Two references minimum to be able to contact
Deadline for sending CVs will be next November 15th, 2020