The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 700 staff from 49 countries.
Context And Mission
Within ELIXIR, the INB is responsible for the bioinformatics portfolio of services, infrastructures and training activities offered by Spain, and therefore, should guarantee its alignment to the strategic areas put forward by ELIXIR as well as to increase the translational impact of INB groups into the Spanish National Health System (Sistema Nacional de Salud). Indeed, the INB promotes and coordinates a network of translational bioinformatics groups at Healthcare Research Institutes across Spain (TransBioNet).
We are looking for a candidate to support the management of the INB/ELIXIR-ES outreach programme and to assist on the management of the core activities of the INB/ELIXIR-ES Coordination node at BSC.
- Support the coordination activities of INB/ELIXIR-ES and TransBioNet, including organization of events like the European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB2022).
- Contribute to keeping up-to-date the media tools of the INB/ELIXIR-ES.
- University Degree (some relation with Life Sciences is desirable).
- Courses in project management is a plus.
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Familiar with project management and communication tools e.g. Zoom, Trello, etc.
- Familiar with content management systems e.g. Drupal, WordPress.
- Good report writing skills.
- Used to working autonomously.
- Used to working under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Good skills in word processing, spreadsheets and presentation applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint or equivalent).
- Additional Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Experience in organizing events such as conferences including submission systems like EasyChair.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, fluency in other European languages will be also valued.
- Good interpersonal communication skills: Communicative, enthusiastic, highly collaborative, proactive, self-driven.
- The position will be located at BSC within the Life Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible working hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Temporary - 1 year renewable
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: asap (Oct 2021)
Applications procedure and process
All applications must be made through BSC website (bottom of the job offer) and contain:
- A full CV in English including contact details
- A Cover Letter with a statement of interest in English, including two contacts for further references - Applications without this document will not be considered
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
The panel will make a final decision and all candidates who had contacts with them will receive a feedback with details on the acceptance of rejection of their profile.
For more information follow this link
OTM-R principles for selection processes
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law. For more information follow this link
This position is reserved for candidates who meet the requirements and have the legal status of disabled persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%. In case there are no applicants with disabilities that meet the requirements, the rest of the candidates without declared disability will be evaluated.