According to the complete call, candidates must fulfill the following requirements in the moment of applying:
Job Title: Web Application Developer Position for “Food Nutrition Security Cloud (FNS-Cloud)” project.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Enrique Carrillo (enrique.carrillo[at]imdea.org)
Location: Crta. de Cantoblanco nº8, CP- 28049 Madrid, SPAIN
Job Category: Technician (Contribution Group I)
- Temporary full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
- Dedication: full time (37,5 hours per week).
- Duration: This position is for 2 years, renewed every year depending on productivity and adaptation to the IMDEA-Food Institute
- Annual gross salary: 20.000 – 25.000 € Depending on the candidate experience and educational degrees.
- The incorporation of the candidate to the IMDEA Food Institute is expected to be immediately after the selection process.
- BSc Engineering in Computer Science or similar.
- Additional background in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or similar will be considered during the process but not compulsory.
The Computational Biology Group within the IMDEA-Food Institute is seeking for a highly motivated scientist with expertise in front-end tools development. The candidate will be involved in the European project “Food Nutrition Security Cloud (FNS-Cloud)”, a large European consortium with 36 partners. The candidate will work in the tasks leaded by the group to create the front-end of scientific software to be developed in the context of the project in collaboration with other colleagues. In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with other members of the group to develop new bioinformatic tools.
The Computational Biology Group is a multidisciplinary community of bioinformaticians, biostatisticians, molecular biologists and microbiologists focused on the study of nutritional behaviours on health and complex diseases, such as the complexity in the relationships between food, genes and disease to establish precision personalized nutrition strategies based on individual molecular background. The group leader provides focused and tailored mentoring to ensure that group members reach the desired career goals.
- Experience requirements:
- Experience in software engineering
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases: MySQL, PostgrSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, others
- Experience in data management APIs
- Demonstrated experience with UNIX/Linux environments
- Demonstrated experience in the development and integration of software tools
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the following languages: Java, Perl, Python or other
- Demonstrable use of source code repositories (e.g. Github).
- Experience with Web Services
- Required soft skills:
- An excellent oral presentation & writing (in English) skills
- Ability to perform collaborative research in a highly multi-disciplinary environment
- Highly independent, motivated, and collaborative person
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Significant research initiative
Read the full job offer Ref. IT2020/007 at the career section for research technician personnel: https://www.food.imdea.org/careers/research-technician-personnel